Tuesday, September 16, 2008

We have lift-off

After some scrounging around the web and perusing of reference materials, I now have working mp3 streams.



This clip is just the series of chords that I performed earlier in class. Well, more or less. I made a few last minute changes to the version that I played in class, some of which I don't entirely remember now. Mostly it was removing a few octave doubling that I didn't notice until the last minute, by shifting one note up or down a semitone. This version still has a few of them in it, but that's ok; I liked it more this way, anyway.

Work on the first actual composition based on these chords proceeds slowly. I have a few snippets that I like, but I don't feel that I've yet found a coherent thread to proceed from. Hopefully I'll find one over the next day or two.

No comments: